News

Actions

Candle sparks house fire in Suffolk

Default-Image_1280x720.png
Posted at 9:58 AM, Nov 27, 2013
and last updated 2013-11-27 09:58:37-05

 Suffolk, Va. – A fire caused by a candle placed too close to a mattress damaged a bedroom of a Suffolk home early Wednesday morning.

Engines 1 and 2, Ladder 3, Rescue 1, Battalion 1, Medic 2 and Fire Marshal 4 responded to the fire at 2:01 a.m.  The fire was confined to an upstairs bedroom and was quickly brought under control.  No injuries were reported. 

The Suffolk Police Department also responded and the roadway was briefly closed.

The family of 7, including 6 children, were not displaced by the fire.