Hampton, Va. - Crews responded to a house fire reported in the 1800 block of Gildner Road shortly before 9 a.m. on Thanksgiving.
Hampton Fire and Rescue says units arrived to find smoke and flames coming from the front of the detached garage.
The fire was extinguished within minutes but caused extensive damage to the contents of the garage.
No injuries occurred and the fire did not spread to any other structures.
The Hampton Fire Marshal has deemed the fire accidental and said it originated in a trash can inside the garage.