The Elizabeth River Tunnels (ERT) Project team, in partnership with VDOT, will resume construction activities on the I-264 Downtown Tunnel westbound Monday night.
This week’s work schedule for the Downtown Tunnel also includes tunnel cleaning in addition to rehabilitation work and is as follows:
- Monday, Dec. 2: Full westbound tunnel closure, 8 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- Tuesday, Dec. 3: Single lane closures, westbound, 8 p.m. to 5 a.m.; eastbound, 9 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- Wednesday, Dec. 4: Single lane closures westbound, 8 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- Thursday, Dec. 5: Full westbound tunnel closure, 8 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- Friday, Dec. 6 & Saturday, Dec. 7: Full westbound tunnel closure, 8 p.m. to 8 a.m.
- Sunday, Dec. 8: Single westbound lane closure, 8 p.m. to 5 a.m.
Additionally, motorists should expect alternating mobile lane closures at the Route 58 Midtown Tunnel on Wednesday, Dec. 4 and Thursday, Dec. 5 from 10 p.m. to 5 a.m. for tunnel cleaning.
Concurrent with the full Downtown Tunnel closures westbound, the following ramps from Norfolk will also be closed on Friday and Saturday nights only:
- The on-ramp from City Hall Ave. onto I-264 West to close at 9 p.m.
- The on-ramp from Tidewater Dr. onto I-264 West to close at 9:30 p.m.