News

Actions

Fire damages Hampton garage

Default-Image_1280x720.png
Posted at 2:53 PM, Dec 13, 2013
and last updated 2013-12-13 14:53:34-05

A detached garage in Hampton was damaged by a fire early Friday morning.

Hampton Fire crews arrived in the 400 block of Beaumont Street around 8:00 a.m. and found light smoke coming from the structure.

A corner of the building and a portion of the roof were damaged by the fire.

No injuries occurred.

The Hampton Fire Marshal’s office found that the fire was accidental due to wiring i an electrical blower located in the ceiling of the garage.