News

Actions

Electrical wiring causes early morning fire in Newport News

Default-Image_1280x720.png
Posted at 11:12 AM, Dec 20, 2013
and last updated 2013-12-20 11:33:58-05

The Newport News Fire Department put out a structure fire in the 00 block of Pin Oak Road on Friday morning.

Crews responded to the call at 8:41 a.m. and found smoke coming from the garage and attic area of the single-story residence.

The fire was under control at 9:03 a.m.

The cause and determination investigation determined that the fire began due to electrical wiring for the dryer and the fire began in the wall.

No injuries were reported.