News

Actions

Dog killed, man treated for smoke inhalation after Chesapeake fire

Default-Image_1280x720.png
Posted at 8:52 PM, Jan 07, 2014
and last updated 2014-01-08 06:33:25-05

Chesapeake, Va. - A dog has died and a man has been taken to the hospital for smoke inhalation after flames ripped through a Chesapeake home on Tuesday.

This happened in the 2600 block of Johnstown Road in the Hickory section of the city.

Crews were notified about the fire at around 6:40 p.m.  They arrived just moments later.

They say when they arrived, they found the one-story home with heavy smoke showing.

Two people lived inside of the home, a male and a female. The man was taken to Chesapeake General Hospital for treatment of smoke inhalation. There's no word on his condition.

Stay with NewsChannel 3 for more updates.