News

Actions

Gas odor detected at Tallwood High School

Default-Image_1280x720.png
Posted at 8:49 AM, Jan 07, 2014
and last updated 2014-01-07 08:49:17-05

Virginia Beach, Va. – Virginia Natural Gas crews have responded to Tallwood High School after a report of a gas regulator malfunctioning.

An odor of gas was detected along the technology hallway, but was isolated, according to a spokesperson for Virginia Beach Public Schools.

Virginia Natural Gas crews and the school maintenance team were contacted. Virginia Natural Gas conducted tests.

Students were temporarily held in the gym.

The building has been deemed safe by Virginia Natural Gas at this time.

Students have been released to go to class.

No students will go to classes located on the affected hallway. Those students will have classes elsewhere in the building, officials say.

Stay with NewsChannel 3 for updates.