Virginia Beach, Va. - On Wednesday night, crews put out a house fire in Virginia Beach.
This happened in the 1000 block of Mill Pond Court in Indian Lakes.
Emergency crews received a call from a bystander who heard the smoke detector and saw smoke.
None of the residents were inside of the home at the time but there was a cat, dog, and birds inside. The dog is fine and the cat is being treated but two birds were found dead.
The fire is out and crews say it was contained to one area of the house around the chimney. They say it appears to be accidental.
Stay with NewsChannel 3 for more updates.