News

Actions

Fire damages Chesapeake hotel room

Default-Image_1280x720.png
Posted at 9:12 PM, Jan 29, 2014
and last updated 2014-01-29 23:59:32-05

Chesapeake, Va. - A room inside of a Chesapeake hotel was ruined on Wednesday night after crews say a fire broke out inside.

This happened at the Extended Stay America in the Greenbrier area.

Firefighters were called out to the area at 7:44 p.m.

When they arrived, they found heavy smoke coming from the second floor of the hotel.

Crews say the automatic fire sprinkler in the building put the fire out.

They say the fire was caused by unattended cooking.