Firefighters respond to kitchen fire in Hampton home

Posted at 11:02 AM, Feb 03, 2014
and last updated 2014-02-03 11:02:41-05

Hampton Fire & Rescue responded to a fire in the 300 block of Agecroft Court on Sunday evening.

Units arrived to find light smoke coming from the front door of the residence. A fire was found in the kitchen. It had been brought under control by the resident using a portable fire extinguisher.

The fire was caused by cooking and was contained to the kitchen cabinets. It was accidental.

There was water and smoke damage throughout the home. No injuries were reported and power was secured to the home.

The family of 2 adults and 2 children did not request assistance from the American Red Cross.