Chesapeake, Va. - Six people have to find a new place to live tonight after their Chesapeake home caught on fire Thursday evening.
This happened in the 700 block of River Creek Road. Firefighters were called to the scene at 5:23 p.m.
When crews arrived, they found heavy smoke coming from the one-story home. The fire was under control by 5:46 p.m.
Officials say the fire was caused by a shorted electrical wire. The fire caused moderate smoke and fire damage to the home.
No one was injured and the Red Cross will be assisting the displaced adults.