Chesapeake, Va. – Four businesses had to be evacuated after a gas leak in Chesapeake on Friday.
This happened in the Indian River section of the city.
Crews were called to the scene in the 3900 block at 6:08 p.m.
Officials say a piece of equipment, possibly a forklift, struck the natural gas meter outside of one of the businesses.
Virginia Natural Gas responded to the scene and the leak was stopped just after 8 p.m.
No one was injured and those who were evacuated were allowed back into their buildings.