Norfolk, Va.- At around 1 a.m. Saturday morning, Norfolk Fire Rescue was called to a residential structure fire at 1701 Melon St.
Once they got to the scene, fire fighters reported smoke and flames from the corner of the single-family residence.
The fire was under control at around 1:22 a.m.
Fire crews located the family that lived in the home and found out that the fire started because of unattended cooking materials.
Because of fire, smoke and water damage, the home is uninhabitable at this time.
Two adult women (mother and grandmother), two adult children along with three juvenile children (total of 7 people) were displaced as a result of the fire.
There were no injuries reported and the Red Cross will be assisting the displaced family.