Potato Gnocchi w/ smoked Gouda cream sauce
2lbs Potato (peeled)
¼ c Grated Parmesan Cheese
2T. Diced apple wood smoked bacon
1 c. Heavy Cream
¼ c. Shredded Gouda
1T Fresh chopped thyme
4 cherry tomato quartered
Salt and pepper
Method of Preparation
- Wash potatoes and place in a medium pot, cover with cool water, and bring to a boil.
- Cook potatoes until done all the way through but not falling apart.
- Grate potatoes or pass through ricer. Add flour, parm cheese, egg, and salt mix and form into dough.
- Divide dough into 3 inch balls. Lightly flour surface and roll dough into 1 inch rope.
- Cut rope into 1 inch pieces, lightly coat a fork with flour roll dough pieces over fork to make ridges.
- Bring salted water to a boil and gently drop 1c. gnocchi into boiling water.
- In a small sauce pan render bacon until crisp, add heavy cream, gouda cheese. Allow cheese to melt.
- Once gnocchi floats drain and add to cream mixture and simmer. Toss in tomato
Season with salt and pepper, garnish with fresh thyme, and shredded cheese