Norfolk, Va. – Two people have been displaced after a kitchen fire inside of a Norfolk apartment complex on Wednesday.
This happened in the 7900 block of Becket Street. Fire crews received calls about the incident at 4:48 p.m. and arrived just minutes later.
When they got there, they discovered a kitchen fire inside of an upstairs unit. Other crews did a search of the building and residents were evacuated.
They were able to get the fire under control within 10 minutes. They ventilated the apartment to get rid of the smoke and residents were able to go back into their apartments after atmosphere monitoring was complete.
No one was injured in the fire.
Officials say the cause of the fire was unattended cooking materials.
The two people who have been displaced will be assisted by the owners of the apartment complex.