News

Actions

Man’s body infested with tapeworms after eating sashimi

Default-Image_1280x720.png
Posted at 10:53 AM, Sep 25, 2014
and last updated 2014-09-25 10:53:42-04

A man in China nearly died after eating sashimi, according to the Daily Mail.

He went to the doctor complaining of stomach pains and itchy skin. Then, a scan of his entire body revealed tapeworms had taken over.

According to the Daily Mail, the Chinese man’s love of sushi, particularly sashimi, led to his body becoming riddled with the parasite.

While one can suffer a tapeworm infection from eating raw fish, they can also be transmitted by eating smoked or marinated fish, the report says. Modern medicine can treat tapeworms fairly easily, but in rare cases when tapeworms enter the blood stream and travel to the brain, they can be life threatening.

Read more from the Daily Mail, HERE.