News

Actions

Burning incense causes Chesapeake fire

Default-Image_1280x720.png
Posted at 11:34 PM, Sep 26, 2014
and last updated 2014-09-26 23:34:53-04

Chesapeake, Va- What happens when sweet smells turn into fiery flames? One Chesapeake resident experienced the consequences of burning incense.

Chesapeake fire officials rushed to the 1600 block of Rhodes Street on Friday due to a small residential fire.

The fire started around 5 pm. Fire officials said that upon their arrival the fire was already extinguished, but the house was filled with smoke.

Scott Saunders, Captain of the Chesapeake Fire Department, said that the fire appeared to have started after residents threw burning incense into the trash can.

There were no injuries.

-Meghan Kee