Kitchen fire displaces family of three in Suffolk

Posted at 9:10 PM, Oct 14, 2014
and last updated 2014-10-14 21:10:18-04

Suffolk, Va. – A family of three has to find a new place to live after a kitchen fire damaged their apartment on Tuesday.

This happened in the 2500 block of E. Washington Street at Wilson Pines Apartments.

Calls came in at 3:48 p.m. and units were on the scene moments later.

The fire was confined to one building. It started in the kitchen  and spread into the attic area.

Two adults and a child were displaced. They are being helped by the Red Cross.

No one was injured.