UPDATE: Today, NewsChannel 3 took action to help a family that lost everything in a fire in Virginia Beach.
We borrowed a little money from the boss and took this family on a much-needed shopping spree.
Offers to donate have been pouring in from viewers since this story has aired and several people have been taking action to get this family back on their feet.
Virginia Beach, Va. - Two adults and two children were hospitalized for possible smoke inhalation after a mobile home fire in Virginia Beach on Thursday.
It happened in the 1200 block of Swallow Drive in Cardinal Estates, according to the Virginia Beach Fire Department. Firefighters arrived on scene at 10:10 a.m.
A total of five children and two adults live in the home. The other children were not home; likely in school, officials say.
The mobile home is a total loss, NewsChannel 3 has learned.
According to firefighters, the family is displaced. The Red Cross has been notified. The fire was contained to that particular home.
Stay with NewsChannel 3 for updates as they become available.