News

Actions

Two people and two dogs displaced by Hampton fire

Default-Image_1280x720.png
Posted at 6:48 AM, Jan 03, 2015
and last updated 2015-01-03 19:44:24-05

​Hampton, Va. – Two people and two dogs were forced to find a new place to stay after a fire in Hampton early Saturday morning.

Firefighters received the call about the blaze in the 100 block of Clyde Street around 1:37am and arrived to find an active fire in the kitchen.

The fire was quickly extinguished, but the residence sustained fire damage to the kitchen and smoke damage throughout the building.

One of the residents was treated at the scene for an injury.

The Hampton Fire Marshal’s Office has ruled he cause of the fire as accidental, and the Red Cross was requested to assist the residents.