News

Actions

American Red Cross assists Suffolk family displaced by an electrical fire

Default-Image_1280x720.png
Posted at 3:56 PM, Jan 18, 2015
and last updated 2015-01-18 23:08:11-05

Suffolk, Va. – American Red Cross is assisting a family today that is displaced due to an electrical fire in their home.

Suffolk Fire and Rescue crews responded to a call of a home fire earlier this morning on the 600 block of First Avenue. Emergency dispatchers received the call at 12:05 a.m.

Rescue personnel noted an electrical problem with a panel box in the kitchen of the home. Crews were able to contain the fire to the panel box and the wall around it. Dominion Virginia Power turned off power to the home.

Suffolk Fire personnel cleared the scene at 2:20 a.m.

Two adults and one child are temporarily displaced but are receiving assistance from the American Red Cross while power is off at the home.