Cream Cheese Icing:
Sifted Powdered Sugar
Vanilla to taste…
I used 8 oz of each and a few drops of vanilla. Combine all until smooth…
Chocolate Devil’s Food Cake:
1 teaspoon Salt
6 oz Unsweetened Chocolate, Melted
8 oz Eggs…4 eggs
12 oz Cake Flour
.5 oz Baking Powder
14 oz Milk
1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- Mix butter, sugar, salt together until light and fluffy
- Add melted chocolate…fluid but not hot!
- Add eggs in two stages and make sure to scrape down your bowl
- Add cake flour and milk alternately to keep a good balance
- Add vanilla last
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F,
- With a large spoon, ladle or ice cream scoop, scoop out 32 circles of batter onto a baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes. Let cool.
- Spread filling onto 16 circles and place remaining circles on top, to make 16 Whoopie Pies