News

Actions

Tidewater chapter of Susan G. Komen Foundation partners with Greater24

Promo-Image_960x720.png
Posted at 11:27 AM, Feb 04, 2015
and last updated 2015-02-04 17:18:03-05

Virginia Beach, Va. – The Tidewater chapter of the Susan G. Komen Foundation has garnered a partnership with a new media outlet—Greater24.

Greater24 is an established, competitive media outlet that develops and distributes information on positive advancements. The collaboration’s main goal is to educate men and women on prevention, health and living beyond the disease through innovative new projects and campaigns. Channeling a giving heart, this program provides funding for services and education throughout the Hampton Roads area.

Susan G. Komen is the 2nd largest funder of breast cancer research in the world. The Tidewater chapter has raised over $4.9 million in the last eight years—75% staying in house, the other 25% going directly to research.

In 2014, an estimated 232,670 new cases of invasive breast cancer were expected to be diagnosed in women (2,360 in men) in the U.S., along with 62,570 new cases of non-invasive breast cancer. 1 in 8 women and 1 in 40 men will be diagnosed with breast cancer in their lifetime.

So, it’s great to know that Greater24 has joined the fight in raising awareness to find a cure!

McKinley Strother, WTKR Intern