News

Actions

Space heater causes fire in Chesapeake home

Default-Image_1280x720.png
Posted at 2:42 PM, Feb 07, 2015
and last updated 2015-02-07 20:21:27-05

Chesapeake, Va. – Fire crews put out a house fire in a home early Saturday afternoon.

On the 1300 block of 22nd street, firefighters responded to a fire at a two-story home in the south Norfolk section of the city around 1:10 p.m.

According to Captain Scott Saunders with the Chesapeake Fire Department, the crew put out the fire in just over 15 minutes and was contained to one room. A space heater stored too close to other items caused the fire.

Three adults and three children live at the home, but no one suffered any injuries. A dog was still inside the house, but was safely rescued.

The Red Cross is helping the individuals.