Norfolk, Va. - An 8-month-old boy was found dead in a burning Norfolk home early Saturday morning.
Officials say firefighters responded to a fire around 6:00 a.m. at a two-story duplex on Little Bay Avenue on Willoughby Spit.
On scene, firefighters found the family outside the home, who said a young child was still inside the burning home. The mother says she tried to rescue her child, but she couldn't get through the heat and smoke.
Firefighters were able to reach the child, but he was found dead.
There were no other injuries reported.
Williamson also reported that the family was using space heaters at the time, but it's unclear if that was the cause of the fire.
It is still an on-going investigation.