Family without home after fire in Suffolk neighborhood

Posted at 12:04 AM, Feb 19, 2015
and last updated 2015-02-19 00:14:29-05

Suffolk, Va. – Officials say an electrical failure caused an attic fire inside of a Suffolk home on Wednesday.

Emergency crews were called out to the 4200 block of Dayle Acres Road at 1:49 p.m. Units arrived 1:56 p.m.

When firefighters arrived, they found smoke coming from the attic.

Three adults and a juvenile were able to get out of the home before crews arrived.

The fire was contained to the attic but there was structural damage.

The fire was under control by 3:27 p.m.

Family is now assisting the residents who lived in the home.