Chesapeake, Va. – Three adults are displaced Monday morning after a fire damaged their home in the Ahoy Acres section of Chesapeake.
Firefighters were called to the fire in the 3900 block of Galleon Drive at 8:54 a.m. Arriving seven minutes later, they found light smoke coming from a one-story home.
Firefighters were able to bring the fire under control at 9:08 a.m. The fire was contained to one bedroom and appears to have been started by a space heater being placed too close to a bed.
There were no injuries, and the displaced occupants have made area lodging arrangements.