Three adults displaced by Chesapeake house fire

Posted at 10:10 AM, Mar 02, 2015
and last updated 2015-03-02 10:10:33-05

Chesapeake, Va. – Three adults are displaced Monday morning after a fire damaged their home in the Ahoy Acres section of Chesapeake.

Firefighters were called to the fire in the 3900 block of Galleon Drive at 8:54 a.m.  Arriving seven minutes later, they found light smoke coming from a one-story home.

Firefighters were able to bring the fire under control at 9:08 a.m.  The fire was contained to one bedroom and appears to have been started by a space heater being placed too close to a bed.

There were no injuries, and the displaced occupants have made area lodging arrangements.