News

Actions

Pregnant woman bites into Krispy Kreme doughnut, gets unwanted surprise

Promo-Image_960x720.png
Posted at 3:09 PM, Jun 23, 2015
and last updated 2015-06-23 15:09:56-04

An expectant mother thought she was about to savor a sweet treat - when this happened.

Ria Findlay took a bite of her Krispy Kreme doughnut and ended up with a mouthful of a blue latex glove, according to a report from The Mirror.

She told The Mirror: “It was my first doughnut that I’d ever eaten without the hole inside so it was supposed to be an exciting new experience. As it was my first, I was discussing flavors of the filling with my colleague next to me. It was like: ‘Oooh there’s caramel, and cream and oh what’s this blue stuff?’ After a bit of prodding we realized it was a prep glove."

“Being seven months pregnant, my gag reflex was in overload."

A Krispy Kreme spokeswoman said: "We are extremely sorry to hear about this incident. We take our food hygiene very seriously and are currently conducting a full investigation into the matter. Krispy Kreme has an exemplary food safety record and we endeavour to take care at all stages of our food production process to ensure that products are produced in a hygienic and safe manner. Once our investigations are complete, we will write to the customer to advise her of our findings."