News

Actions

Ten without home after electrical malfunction causes fire in Hampton house

Posted at 5:18 PM, Jun 24, 2015

Hampton, Va. – Ten people now have to find another place to live after their three story home was destroyed by flames on Wednesday morning.

Fire crews were called out to the home at 12:23 a.m.

This happened in the 1100 block of Victoria Boulevard.

When firefighters arrived, they found heavy flames and smoke coming from the home.

It took them about 20 minutes to put the fire out.

Officials say the fire was caused by an electrical malfunction in the wall that was located in a back storage closet.

The occupants who were inside are now being helped by the Red Cross.

No one was injured.