Former Chesapeake school bus driver accused of touching students now facing federal charges for child porn

Posted at 3:35 PM, Jul 08, 2015
and last updated 2015-10-24 06:21:26-04

Chesapeake, Va. - A 70-year-old Chesapeake school bus driver is behind bars accused of touching at least one of the students he was driving. Now he is facing federal charges for allegedly making child porn involving three little girls.

Documents say he persuaded three girls, an eight-year-old and two ten-year-olds, to engage in sexually explicit conduct to produce the child porn.

Federal officials searched his computer, iPhone, digital camera, USB drive and HTC cell phone. Documents do not say exactly what was found.

Previously, Larry Homan of Norfolk was arrested on June 30th and charged with three counts of aggravated sexual battery and three counts of taking indecent liberties with a child.

Larry Homan

Larry Homan

The investigation started on May 11, 2015.

Court documents say all of the charges stem from incidents that occurred with one 5-year-old victim. Several other victims have since come forward, according to the Commonwealth's Attorney, but no additional charges have been filed yet.

Surveillance video was reviewed by Chesapeake school administrators after complaints were made by a parent. The video shows Homan touching and fondling students on several occasions.

All of the incidents occurred on the bus parked in front of Carver Intermediate School while waiting for school faculty/staff to retrieve the students from the bus at the beginning of the day.

Homan was a bus driver for two years and was responsible for transporting students to Carver Intermediate School and Thurgood Marshall Elementary School.

He has no prior criminal history. Chesapeake Public Schools says Homan is no longer working for the school system.

The Chesapeake Public Schools emailed this following statement regarding Homan's arrest:

"Once the concern was expressed, immediate action was taken.  The bus video was reviewed and the parents of the students involved were contacted.  Child Protective Services was contacted.  Child Protective Services investigated and referred the matter to the police department at which point it became a police investigation.  Immediate and appropriate action was taken with the employee."

Homan will remain in the Chesapeake City Jail until his September 8th preliminary hearing.