We’re still not sure how surfer Niccolo Porcella survived this scary wipeout at Teahupo’o, in Tahiti.
Videographer Tim Pruvost captured the 27-year-old Porcella dropping down the face of a gigantic wave before being sucked back up and slammed into the reef below. Porcella described the encounter to Surfing Life:
It was the most violent thing – I got annihilated. I was bounced, pin-balled on the reef, the whole nine yards. Just up and over and up and over. It held me under pretty long. My life-vest got blown off right away, and then the second wave drilled me – I actually hit the bottom even harder. Hit my back, my knees, and then I got about four more waves on the head after that… washed over the reef…
Watch more of the action at Teahupo’o below:
- Incredible video of stunt rider ‘surfing’ waves on a dirt bike?!
- Professional surfer sets himself on fire before riding giant wave
- He ‘punched’ a shark: Video shows lucky surfer fighting off shark during televised competition
- Watch: Drone captures amazing surfing video from Indonesian islands
- This drone-shot video of surfers in Hawaii will blow your mind