News

Actions

Hampton Waffle House temporarily shuts down after fire

Default-Image_1280x720.png
Posted at 4:21 PM, Aug 11, 2015
and last updated 2015-08-11 16:21:28-04

Hampton, Va. – A Hampton Waffle House had to shut down after a fire broke out in the building on Tuesday morning.

At around 11:55 a.m., crews responded to the fire in the 1800 block of W. Mercury.

When crews first arrived, they saw smoke coming from the eves of the building.

Customers and employees were out of the business before they arrived.

Employees smelled smoke and called for help. Officials say the fire had not yet reached the restaurant’s fire protection system.

Fire officials say the fire was caused by soldering pipes too close to combustible material.

No one was injured.

There’s no word on when the restaurant will be reopened.