Chesapeake, Va.- As crews continue to work on the new bridge span in Chesapeake, there will be upcoming closures.
Cedar Road near Dominion Boulevard will be closed Monday, September 28th, through Thursday, October 1st from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m. each evening.
This is a part of the Dominion Boulevard Improvement Project, which started in 2014 and is scheduled to be completed in 2017.
The Steel Bridge was demolished earlier this year after the first bridge span opened in December 2014.
The crews are now working on the second span over the Elizabeth River.
Benefits of the project after its completion will be:
- Enhanced safety due to less congestion, fewer stops and better access
- No bridge openings
- No stop lights between Grassfield Parkway and the interstate
- Four lanes of traffic with interchanges
- Improved hurricane evacuation route
- Faster public safety response times
A detour via Cahoon Parkway and Grassfield Parkway will be pronounced. For further information on this closure and the Dominion Boulevard Improvement Project, click here.