Just weeks after making headlines for rescuing his pup from the pool, Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson announced some very sad news on his Facebook page on Tuesday.
The actor said he had to make the painful decision to end the suffering of his French bulldog named Brutus. ‘The Rock’ said Brutus ate a mushroom while playing outside with his brother, Hobbs. The mushroom had a lethal toxicity and within hours, it was destroying his liver and immune system.
He is warning other dog owners to be aware of mushrooms in your yards, in parks or anywhere where your beloved pup may be.
Here is his entire Facebook post:
“Another reminder we have to live and love as greatly as we can today, because tomorrow is never guaranteed.
At approximately 11:15pm last night myself and Lauren Hashian Official had to make the painful decision to end Brutus’ suffering by taking him off of life support and sending his soul to pup heaven. I held his lil’ paw as he was finally at peace.
As all puppies and dogs do, he ate a mushroom while playing outside with his brother Hobbs. This mushroom happened to have a lethal toxicity and within hours it was rapidly destroying his liver and immune system to the point of no return.
I encourage all of you out there to be mindful of mushrooms in your yards, parks or anywhere outside your dogs play. What looks innocent, can be deadly to your lil’ family members.Thank you Dr. Deckelbaum and Dr. West and the incredibly caring nurses and staff at The Animal Medical Center At Cooper City.
We’ll always love you Brutus.. and you’ll always be my lil’ main man and rough housing Brute.