Small kitchen fire in Portsmouth

Posted at 4:05 PM, Oct 18, 2015
and last updated 2015-10-18 16:05:21-04

Portsmouth, Va. – Fire crews responded to a small kitchen fire in a duplex on Garwood Ave Sunday afternoon.

Chief Jim Hoffler says around 1:15 p.m. firefighters put out a small kitchen fire that had primarily burnt itself out before they arrived.

He says light smoke was seen in the residence but there was no major structural damage.

The fire is attributed to unattended cooking, according to Hoffler.

No one was injured.