Job #: 689184
Roofer helper and drivers needed
Shaddeau Roofing & Constr Corp
Norfolk, VA – 23517
Posted 11/24/2015 on Virginia Workforce Connection
Positions available: 15
Work 40 hrs Monday – Friday.
Duties include using, supplying or holding materials or tools and cleaning work area and equipment.
• Check to ensure that completed roofs are watertight.
• Sweep and clean roofs to prepare them for the application of new roofing materials.
• Locate worn or torn areas in roofs.
• Clean work areas and equipment.
• Maintain tools and equipment.
• Cover roofs with layers of roofing felt or asphalt strips before installing tile, slate, or composition materials.
• Remove old roofing materials.
• Unload materials and tools from work trucks, and unroll roofing as directed.
• Set ladders, scaffolds, and hoists in place for taking supplies to roofs.
• Place tiles, nail them to roof boards, and cover nail heads with roofing cement.
• Provide assistance to skilled roofers installing and repairing roofs, flashings, and surfaces.
• Attach roofing paper and composition shingles, using nails.
• Perform emergency leak repairs and general maintenance for a variety of roof types.
• Attach sheets of metal to roof boards or building frameworks when installing metal roofs.
• Hoist tar and roofing materials to roofs, using ropes and pulleys, or carry materials up ladders.
• Apply shingles, gravel, or asphalt over the top layer of tar to protect the roofing material.
• Chop tar into small pieces, and heat chopped tar in kettles.
• Clear drains and downspouts and clean gutters.
Use hoists, hydraulic lifts, ladders, mechanical rippers, hand spades and wheelbarrows.
Lifting of 75 lbs 3-4 times a day.
Climbing, lifting, standing and squatting required.
Pay to $9.00 per hr
Location Name: Shaddeau Roofing & Constr Corp
Address: 522 W 25th St