News

Actions

Two people hospitalized after carbon monoxide exposure at Newport News hookah lounge

Default-Image_1280x720.png
Posted at 10:53 PM, Dec 09, 2015
and last updated 2015-12-09 23:03:23-05

Newport News, Va. – Two people were taken to the hospital on Wednesday night after they were exposed to high levels of carbon monoxide at the Kingdom Hookah Lounge in Newport News.

The business is located in the 13000 block of Warwick Boulevard.

Emergency crews were called about the incident at 9:37 p.m.

Crews say when they went into the lounge, the carbon monoxide detector alerted them to the high levels inside.

Two people were taken to Riverside Regional Hospital and two others refused to be taken.

The fire marshal’s office will go back to the business on Thursday to find out what caused the high levels of carbon monoxide.

The lounge is closed until an inspection is completed.