House fire in Chesapeake likely started in chimney

Posted at 7:21 PM, Jan 24, 2016
and last updated 2016-01-24 19:22:41-05

Chesapeake, Va. (WTKR) – A family of six is out of their home Sunday evening following a fire that damaged their house in the Dominion Pines neighborhood.

Chesapeake Firefighters were called to the house in the 600 block of Pine Bend just before 6:00 p.m.

When they arrived, firefighters found smoke and flames coming from the two-story townhouse.

The fire was declared under control at 6:11 p.m.

Firefighters say the fire appears to have started in the chimney before spreading to an adjoining wall.

No one was injured and the family has made alternate housing arrangements.