News

Actions

Fire at Newport News home ruled accidental.

Posted at 11:35 PM, Feb 09, 2016

Newport News, Va. - Newport News firefighters put out flames at a home on Darden Drive on Tuesday night.

On February 9th, Newport News firefighters responded to a house fire.

The fire occurred in the 700 block in the Denbigh section of the city.

When they arrived, crews found smoke and flames coming out of the two-story home.

They attacked the fire from the inside and were able to get it under control in just ten minutes.

No one was at home at the time of the fire.

The fire was ruled accidental.

According to the city's Fire Marshal Office, the fire was caused by an electrical issue.

There is approximately $60,000 in damage, and the home has been condemned.