Former First Lady Nancy Reagan’s funeral was held Friday. She died Sunday, March 6 at the age of 94.
Reagan laid in repose Wednesday and Thursday and will be buried at the Reagan Library in Simi Valley, California, next to her husband, Ronald Reagan.
Here are the details of the funeral:
Musical prelude scheduled to begin at 1:15 p.m. by the Santa Susana High School Advanced Women’s Choir and Abbe Road A Cappella and an instrumental prelude by the 1st Marine Division Band, Marine Corps Camp Pendleton.
The Reverend Stuart A. Kenworthy, Vicar, Washington National Cathedral, presided over the funeral.
The program included:
- Battle Hymn of the Republic, sung by the Santa Susana High School Choir
- Reading of Proverbs 31:10-31 by Ms. Anne Peterson
- Letter from Ronald Reagan to Nancy Reagan, read by the Right Honourable Brian Mulroney
- Ave Maria, sung by Opera singer Ms. Ana Marie Martinez
- Reading of 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18, read by Mr. Barton Hegeler
- Gospel Reading of John 14:1-6 by Ms. Diane Sawyer
- Pie Jesu-Requiem, sung by Opera singer Ms. Ana Marie Martinez
- Reflections by the Honorable James A. Baker
- Reflections by Mr. Tom Brokaw
- Reflections by Ms. Patti Davis
- Reflections by Ronald Prescott Reagan
- Amazing Grace, sung by the Santa Susana High School Choir
- Recessional with bagpipe played by Piper Major Bill Boetticher
- God Bless America
The program’s honorary pallbearers include:
- Dr. Richard Davis
- Mr. Robert Higdon
- Mr. Jerrold Perenchio
- The Honorable Frederick J. Ryan, Jr.
- The Honorable Robert H. Tuttle
- Mr. Douglas Wick
- Mr. George Will
- Ms. Anne Peterson is the niece of Mrs. Reagan
- Mr. Barton Hegeler is the nephew of Mrs. Reagan
- Dr. Richard Davis is the brother of Mrs. Reagan