One injured in Chesapeake house fire

Posted at 5:04 PM, Mar 22, 2016
and last updated 2016-03-22 17:04:25-04

Chesapeake, Va. – A man was taken to the hospital with burns to his hands after a house fire.

Firefighters were called to the fire in the 1800 block of Rowlock Road in the Bowers Hill section of the city at 2:45 p.m.

Five minutes later, they found smoke coming from a one-story, single-family home.

The fire was under control just before 3 p.m.

Fire damage was contained to the kitchen, but there is smoke damage throughout the home.

The cause of the fire appears to be unattended cooking.

The man displaced will by staying with family in the area.