Shed destroyed by fire in Chesapeake

Posted at 2:16 PM, Apr 09, 2016
and last updated 2016-04-09 14:16:47-04

Chesapeake, Va. – Crews put out a shed fire in Chesapeake on Saturday.

This happened in the 900 block of Hill Street at 12:44 p.m.

Crews arrived to find a shed on fire in the South Norfolk section of the city.

They say the building was engulfed in flames.

The shed was destroyed.

Firefighters were able to keep the fire from spreading to a nearby home.

They were able to get it under control at 12:54 p.m.

Officials say the fire was caused by wood stove ashes that were put into a plastic trash can next to the shed.