Chesapeake house fire displaces one woman

Posted at 11:39 PM, Apr 19, 2016
and last updated 2016-04-19 23:39:09-04

CHESAPEAKE, Va. – A woman has been displaced after a fire damaged her home in the Western Branch section of Chesapeake.

Firefighters were called to the 2900 block of Mintwood Drive just after 10 p.m.

When they arrived, they found smoke coming from a one-story, single family home.

The fire caused major damage to the  kitchen and smoke damage inside of the house.

Firefighters had the fire under control at 10:30 p.m.

Officials believe the fire was caused by cooking.

No one was hurt. The displaced has made housing arrangements.