News

Actions

Greenbrier Mall briefly evacuated due to fire at The Greene Turtle restaurant

Default-Image_1280x720.png
Posted at 10:00 AM, Jun 15, 2016
and last updated 2016-06-15 11:12:21-04

CHESAPEAKE, Va. – Greenbrier Mall was evacuated briefly on Wednesday morning due to a fire at The Greene Turtle restaurant.

Chesapeake Fire Department says the fire was in a grease fryer unit and they were able to quickly contain it using a fire extinguisher.

The restaurant did not sustain any damage, but it will remain closed until it can be inspected by the health department.