Sunday night is the season finale of Game of Thrones.
If you’re looking for ways to get your Game of Thrones fix during the break before the final season, why not take a Game of Thrones inspired vacation?
TripAdvisor created a list of destinations that have seen the biggest increase in traveler interest during the current season:
- Klis (prom: kuh-leese), Croatia
- Campillo de Dueñas (pron: cahm-PEE-yo de dew-EN-ya), Spain
- Vik (pron: Vick), Iceland
- Dimmuborgir (pron: DIH-moo-boh-re-gear), Iceland
- Vatnajökull (pron: VAT-nah-yo-kull) National Park, Iceland
- Krka (pron: KER-kah) National Park, Croatia
- Mývatn (pron: MEE-vah-tin), Iceland
- Girona (pron: geh-ROH-nah), Spain
- Trsteno (pron: ter-STEH-noh), Croatia
- Mdina (pron: muh-DEE-nuh), Malta
TripAdvisor recommends traveling to the locations in September–it’s when travel companies offer the lowest rates. Travelers who book trips during the least expensive month can save around 20 percent on their trip.
Fans taking trips can also book a tour on TripAdvisor to get a behind-the-scenes look at the show’s filming locations. Here are a few suggestions:
- Viator Exclusive: ‘Game of Thrones’ Tour in Split: Walk in the footsteps of Daenerys Targaryen and Daario Naharis at the 2,000-year-old Klis Fortress. The tour also includes a visit to Diocletian’s Palace, where Grey Worm and the Unsullied Army joined forces with the city’s slaves to overthrow the masters. Tickets start at $78 per person.
- Private Tour: ‘Game of Thrones’ North of the Wall Locations plus Myvatn Nature Baths Entry: The tour includes a visit to the ruins of Dimmuborgir, the site of Castle Black, as well as photo opportunities at the site where the Wall would stand. Tickets start at $219 per person.
- Viator Exclusive: ‘Game of Thrones’ Walking Tour of Dubrovnik: Learn the history of the Targaryen family and look down at the waters of Blackwater Bay at the official setting for King’s Landing. The three-hour tour also includes a visit to parks that were used to film countryside scenes. Tickets start at $66 per person.
- ‘Game of Thrones’ and Giant’s Causeway Tour from Belfast: This full-day tour takes visitors to the caves where Renly Baratheon’s shadowy assassin was born, Varys’ birthplace in the Free Cities and the iconic archway of intertwined trees where Arya escaped from King’s Landing. Tickets start at $51 per person.