VIRGINIA BEACH, Va. – The Beach Bags program provides shelf-stable meals and healthy snacks to VBCPS students who might otherwise go hungry on weekends or during school vacations.
Thursday, July 14, you can donate food for the Beach Bags program at various locations in Virginia Beach.
News 3 is partnering with Virginia Beach Public Schools, Southern Bank, RK Chevrolet and Pembroke Mall in collecting items such as:
- Individual-sized cereal boxes or oatmeal
- 8-ounce servings of shelf-stable milk
- Individual-sized meals (ravioli, spaghetti and meatballs, macaroni and cheese, chunky soups, etc.)
- 4-ounce or larger fruit cups
- 100% juice boxes
- Snack items (granola bars, pudding cups, pretzels, trail mix, snack crackers, etc.)
You can drop off donations at the following locations on July 14 from 7 a.m. until 7 p.m.
- Southern Bank, 3720 Virginia Beach Blvd.
- Pembroke Mall in the Kohl’s parking lot behind Walgreens
- RK Chevrolet, 2651 Virginia Beach Blvd.