Portsmouth residents are told to stay out of their homes after a fire

Posted at 5:29 PM, Jul 17, 2016
and last updated 2016-07-17 17:29:08-04

Portsmouth, Va. — Residents are unable to return to their homes after a 2-alarm fire damaged a condominium Saturday.

It happened just before 10 p.m. on the 400 block of Robin Road.

When crews arrived, they found smoke coming from the back of the condominium home, which involved four units.

Some of the units suffered damage to the floors, walls, and roof.

The damage to these units were so bad, that officials had to shut the power off.

Right now, there is no word on if the American Red Cross is helping any of the residents, or if the residents will be able to return to their homes.

There were no injuries reported in the fire.