Six arrested for double murder at Chesterfield mansion party

Posted at 7:08 PM, Oct 20, 2016

CHESTERFIELD COUNTY, Va. — After weeks of investigation, Chesterfield Police made six arrests in connection to a double fatal shooting at a house party near Lake Chesdin in Chesterfield. The crimes took place inside a home under construction in the 15000 block of Chesdin Green Way, where police responded just before 2 a.m. Sunday for reports of gunshots.

Two male victims, 22-year-old Duval Turner, Jr. of Richmond and 24-year-old Marc Starkes of Amelia, were found dead at the scene. A third person at the party was transported to an area hospital with non-life threatening injuries.

Police told WTVR they combed the scene for weeks, collecting evidence and taking photographs.

Courtesy of WTVR

Courtesy of WTVR

On Thursday, Oct. 20, over 100 law enforcement personnel from the metropolitan area executed multiple search warrants simultaneously at the residences of identified suspects.  This operation was an extensive, resource- intensive investigation and collaborative effort involving the Chesterfield County Police Department, Richmond City Police Department, Henrico County Police Division, Richmond FBI, Virginia State Police and the U.S. Marshal Fugitive Task Force.

The following suspects were taken into custody without incident and charged with second-degree murder, gang participation and use of a firearm in the commission of a felony in relation to the incident.

  • Djion C. Bowles, 20, of the 2900 block of Blendwell Road in Richmond;
  • Kennson Clairsaint, 20, of the 2700 block of Geneva Drive in Richmond;
  • Corey T. Harris, 19, of the 3200 block of Kingsdale Road in Chesterfield;
  • Kendric R. Hill, 20, of the 4100 block of Mallard Landing Circle in Chesterfield;
  • Devin D. Taylor, 21, of the 4000 block of Midlothian Turnpike in Richmond;
  • Tevon J. Todd, 18, of the 2900 block of Burley Ridge Terrace in Chesterfield

Police previously said that when shots rang out, around three hundred people were there.

“It’s a tough scene to process because you know there were so many things that were either in the yard, in front of the house, inside the house, and you’ve got to collect everything because you’re not sure what’s truly important, what may have been there before, what was part of the party, so you use to be very meticulous in doing that,” said Capt. Mike Louth, in a previous interview.

Police called the crime scene a “mansion party,” which is a house under construction where party goers are given the address on social media.

“With two to three hundred people at that party we believe there are a lot of people out there that have information that will be helpful to this investigation,” said Capt. Louth

No mugshots have been released yet. The investigation remains ongoing.