CHESAPEAKE, Va. – Patient First is offering free digital X-ray scans of Halloween candy to check for foreign materials.
Bags of candy may be brought into any Patient First Neighborhood Medical Center from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. on October 29 through October 31.
Adults should always check candy before allowing a child to eat it. The free X-ray offer is an additional precaution to give parents peace of mind.
Here are five reminders to help insure your “Trick-or-Treaters” have a fun and safe Halloween:
- Know the route that your children will take if you do not go with them.
- Younger children should go with adults.
- If possible, give your children a cell phone and check in with them during the evening.
- Set a time for everyone to be home.
- Nobody eats their treats until checked by an adult.
As an additional safety measure, Patient First will provide free safety blinkers at each of our medical centers during the month of October (one per person, while supplies last). The blinking light may be attached to a child’s Halloween costume and can help increase visibility.