Americans spend a lot of time on the roads. According to AAA, the average driver sits behind the wheel for more than 17,600 minutes a year.
To make all that time in the car a little more comfortable, News 3 is sharing car hacks! They’re simple tips and tricks to keep you organized or just make your life a little easier.
For more life hacks, tune in to News 3 This Morning all week, starting at 5 a.m.!
After scouring the web, here are some of the ideas we found:
- Use an empty, plastic gum container to store loose change in your car’s cup holder. Putting your change in the container will keep the cup holder from getting dirty and make it easy to get change back out.
- Put tissues into a disposable coffee cup so that you can set it in your cup holder. That way you’ll be able to easily grab a tissue while driving.
- Line a plastic cereal container with a plastic bag and use it to store trash.
- To save yourself from making multiple trips inside with grocery bags, keep a laundry basket in your car. Just put your grocery bags in the basket so you can easily carry them in all at once.
- In case your car door freezes, put a few drops of hand sanitizer on your key. The alcohol will help melt the lock.
- Place silicone baking cups into your cup holders. If they get crumbs or spills in them, you can easily wash them out.
- If you don’t have a phone holder, loop a rubber band through your air vent and slide your phone into it. That way you won’t be trying to hold your phone if you’re using your GPS or have your phone on speaker.
- Attach a pool noodle to the wall in your garage to protect your car doors from getting scratched when you open them up.
- Attach a shower organizer to the back of your seat to store snacks or games for your kids during trips.
- If you have a hard time opening up a key ring to attach a new key or don’t want to damage your manicure, use a staple remover to hold the key ring open.